Incumbent Worker Training (IWT)
Trumbull County’s Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) program offers employers a way to subsidize the cost of training employees in obtaining the skills necessary to retain employment, avert layoffs, and/or increase the employees’ and company’s competitiveness. Our Business Services team at the OMJ center will help you complete paperwork so you can focus on investing in your workforce! Funding for IWT is limited and may not be available year-round.
- IWT is available to all sector industries.
- Between 50-90% of the cost of training can be subsidized, depending on the size of the employer.
- Employees must be with the employer for at least 6 months to qualify for IWT.
- Employees must make at least $13/hour after completing their training program.
- Training programs must award participants an industry-recognized credential at the completion of training.