What is your mailing and/or delivery address?

Trumbull County Recorders Office
160 High Street NW
Warren Oh, 44481

What are the hours of the Trumbull County Recorders Office?

The office is open Monday thru Friday from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. We stop accepting documents for recording at 4:15PM to allow time to close out our daily transactions.

Can I get information over the phone?

General information can be obtained by phone if you have volume and page, or instrument # of the document. For more detailed information you should come into the office, or contact a title company or Attorney. Office employees are not permitted by law to do searches.

How can I pay to record my documents?

Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, money orders, E-Checks, and debit/credit cards. A 2.60% convenience fee if charged for all debit/credit cards.

Can I get birth or death certificates at the Recorders office?

No. For that information you would contact the Warren City Health Department at 330.841.2541. https://www.warren.org/index.php/vital-statistics

Do you keep my car title in the Recorders office?

No. For that information, you would contact the Auto Title Department at 330.675.2407. http://clerk.co.trumbull.oh.us/

Does your County offer online access?

Yes. You can access data and images of all our records excluding military discharges back to the year 1795, which are the first records ever recorded in Trumbull County.

Will the Recorder’s Office perform a search for me?

No. State law prohibits the Recorder’s Office from doing real estate title searches. Title companies and attorneys perform searches with the reassurance that their work is accurate by providing the property owner with a policy of title insurance.

Will the Recorders Office prepare a deed or affidavit for me?

No. Employees of the Recorders office are not permitted to prepare or notarize documents. It is generally attorneys and title companies that prepare documents of conveyance. Many times, attorneys or title companies will search the land records to determine if there is a clear title to the property.

How long does it take to get documents back?

We make every attempt to return your original documents within 24 business hours. The documents are sent back to the person/company that records them, unless otherwise instructed. If you have not received your documents after several weeks, contact the party who recorded them for you.

Does your County supply blank forms for purchase?

No. If you would like to find blank forms, search them online, at your local office supply store, or contact an attorney or title company.

Does your County have Registered Land (Torrens)?

The Recorder's Office has previously recorded Torrens thru June of 1996, however, we no longer accept them for recording.

What is your County’s Document turnaround time?

The majority of documents we turn around in one day. If we receive documents that have to go through other departments before we can record them, such as deeds, it may take a little longer.

Other frequently asked phone #’s

Veterans Services Commission – 330.675.2484 https://trumbullcountyvets.org

Building Inspection Dept.- 330.675.2467 http://buildinginspection.co.trumbull.oh.us/

Trumbull County Auditor- 330.675.2420 http://auditor.co.trumbull.oh.us/

Trumbull County Treasurer- 330.675.2436 http://treasurer.co.trumbull.oh.us/

What are the Recording Fees?

The fee is $34.00 for the first two pages of your document, then $8.00 for each additional page. Some of the documents we record in this office do have different fees. To insure you know what the recording fee is going to be, call the office or look under the “Recording Fees” tab listed on the home page.

There is an additional $20.00 fee if your document does not comply with the standardization guidelines implemented July 1, 2009. For specifics, see the “standardization Guidelines” tab on the home page.

Am I able to record a document by mail?

Yes. You must make sure the documents meet all the legal requirements, include checks in the proper amounts, and a self- addressed stamped envelope so we can return your original document. Your documents will be returned unrecorded if you do not meet these requirements.

For deeds, we advise you to call the Auditors office (330.675.2420) and our tax map department (330.675.2473) to verify their requirements as well. Deeds must go through both of these offices before we can record them.

Do you have eRecording in Trumbull County?

Yes. We currently accept most documents, including Transfer Documents, through eRecording. Please contact one of our 4 vendors we partner with, for any questions. You can find our Vendor information under our “eRecording” tab on the left side of this webpage.

Do you re-record documents?

Only if the person recording the documents states the reason for re-recording on the document to be re-recorded. In addition, it must be the originally recorded document and the cost is the standard fee plus $4.00

Does your County require a legal description with releases and assignments?


Does your County require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?

Yes. Call for further information on specific documents.

What do you charge for copies made by the public?

You must have or create an account in order to print copies. If you do, the cost is five cents (0.05) per page.

What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's staff?

Two dollars ($2.00) per page if the staff assists in making the copy. If you want your copy certified, it would be an Additional one dollar ($1.00).

Does your County have tract (geographical) indexing?


What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under filing fees?

Shortages and overages are returned unrecorded. We do not mail back cash, so please only mail, checks or money orders if paying by mail.

What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?

Please call the Auditor’s Office (330.675.2420) directly for assistance with or questions regarding Auditor fees.

How many checks do I need when recording a document that requires a conveyance?

You will need a check for any conveyance fees payable to the County Auditor and you will need a check for recording fees payable to the Trumbull County Recorders Office

How can I determine the owner of a property?

You can call the Auditors Office (330.675.2420) and they will tell you the name of the home owner if you give them the address. Also, the Auditors website http://auditor.co.trumbull.oh.us/ will let you search who is the current owner of a property. The Recorders records are by names, not locations, and will list all the property owned by an individual.

Does your office record Soldier's Discharge Records (DD214)?


Does your office issue Veteran's ID cards and what are the requirements? Yes. You must bring your original discharge paperwork to our office to be recorded in order to be issued a Veterans ID Card. For more specific information on Veteran ID cards visit http://recorder.co.trumbull.oh.us/rs_vetid.html.

Must I record a deed?

It is in your best interest to record a deed. A deed is binding even if it is not recorded. One good reason to record a deed is a former owner can continue to obtain mortgages or judgments against your property, since property records would show that he or she still owns it.

What kind of blank form for my deed should I use?

The Recorders staff is not allowed to advise on what forms to use. We suggest you speak to an attorney to make sure you are using the correct forms for your specific situation.

Can I prepare my own deed?

It is always a good idea to have someone with expertise in the field, such as an attorney, prepare it for you to make sure it is correct and says what you want it to say. Employees of the Recorder’s Office cannot and will not do this for you.

Can anyone look at my deed and mortgage?

Yes, all documents recorded in our office are public information with the exception of Military Discharge paperwork.

How do I replace a lost deed?

If your deed was recorded in Trumbull County, we have a copy and can certify it for you. The charge to certify a copy is $2.00 per page and $1.00 per document for the certification.

How do I get a copy of my deed or mortgage?

Copies of land records are available by searching records off the Recorders website, or by stopping into the Recorders office. There is no cost to you to print copies off of our website from a remote location. If you come to the Recorders Office and make your own copies, it will cost you five cents per page. If you come into the office and our staff assists you in looking up a specific document, there is a two dollar ($2.00) per page charge. If you would like the copies certified, the cost is an additional one dollar ($1.00).

If I find a mistake on my deed, how do I correct it?

We advise you to see an attorney.

How do I change add or delete a name on a deed?

Once a document is recorded, it cannot be changed. The only way this can be done is by recording a new Deed showing the change.

Do you have plans or surveys showing location of my buildings?

No. You may want to check with your township trustees, as they may keep records of surveys or can point you in the right direction.

If I build on my lot, do I get a new deed for the house?

No. The original deed only covers the land and not the buildings. Even though buildings are sometimes mentioned in an older deed, nothing can be added to your deed once it is recorded.

Is it necessary to delete a deceased spouse’s name from a deed?

No, but we advise that you speak to an attorney about the best way to proceed in this matter.

How do I check for deed restrictions on my property?

You can check for deed restrictions in the Recorders office. Again, we suggest having an attorney or title company help you with this process, to be confident you have the correct information.

How can I determine my property line?

Your deed will give you the legal description, but a surveyor would be needed to actually locate your property line and place stakes or other markers.

How can I determine the location of oil/gas wells on my property?

We suggest you hire a title examiner to help you determine this.

How can I determine the owner of a property?

The Auditors website (insert link to Auditors home page) will let you search who is the current owner of a property. The Recorders records are by names, not locations, and will list all the property owned by an individual.

Do you record deeds for cemetery lots?

No. Contact your local city or your township/village officials for that information.

How can I check for liens against my property?

While you can come in to the Recorders office, or use or records search online to check for mechanic’s liens on your property, there are other kinds of liens that may be filed in the Clerk of Courts office (clerk of courts website link) or on the state level. We advise you hire a title examiner to be sure.

Can you remove a lien from my records?

Only the entity who issued the lien can remove it. After a lien is satisfied, and your lien is released, you may still find these items appearing on your credit report. The Recorders office does not report any liens to any credit bureaus or anyone else, and we do not alert the credit bureaus when a lien is satisfied and released.

We would advise you to contact the credit bureaus directly, (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) if a lien on your property was released and is still showing on your credit report.

How is a Mortgage Satisfied?

It is satisfied by recording a mortgage satisfaction or release. It is provided by, and usually recorded by the lender.

Who satisfies the mortgage?

This action must be initiated by the lender. There are instances where the lender my send the forms to you to record. Upon making the final payment on your mortgage, we advise you call your lender to see how it will be handled.

What do I do if satisfaction/release papers are sent to me?

Check with the Recorders Office to see if they have been recorded or not. If not, bring in or mail the original documents to our office with the proper fee plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Copyright © Trumbull County IT Department. All rights reserved.
Tod Latell, Trumbull County Recorder
160 High Street N.W.
Warren, Ohio 44481