At GIS/Tax Map, we offer a range of services to help you stay informed and up-to-date on important information. These services include:
- Address Updates: We keep track of address updates in the 911 system based on new or changed addresses assigned by the local zoning offices, fire departments and/or Trustees to ensure you have the most accurate information.
- Sexual Offender Mapping: Our team maintains a comprehensive map of registered sex offenders in the entire county to help you stay informed and stay safe. This map includes all protected sites (schools and daycares) along with the location of each individual offender.
- Property Description Review: We review property descriptions on deeds to ensure that they are free of errors and omissions.
- Boundary Data Maintenance: We maintain and update boundary data for Trumbull County, so you can have access to the most current information.
- Custom Maps: We offer custom mapping services, so you can get the exact information you need in the format that works best for you. Sizes available for print are 8 ½ x 11, 11 x 17, 24 x 36 and 36 x 48.
Deed ProcessWe are committed to providing efficient and timely deed transfer services to the public. We understand the importance of accuracy and attention to detail in the deed transfer process, and we take every precaution to ensure that all documents are processed correctly.
- Required Information: To ensure that we can process your deed accurately and efficiently, we require that all deeds include a parcel number, legal description, and prior deed reference number. If your deed is missing a parcel number, we will not be able to review it until this information has been added.
- Quick Turnaround: We offer a 24-hour turnaround for both deed and mineral deed transfers, so you can get your documents processed as quickly as possible.
- On-the-Spot Corrections: If corrections are needed to your deed, you will be able to make them on the spot at the counter and we will stamp the document accordingly. However, if corrections need to be made back at your office, it will require an additional 24-hour turnaround time. On return with your revised document, please bring back the corrections that were requested to help our department more efficiently process the revisions.
- Preapprovals: We do NOT do any preapprovals for deed review with the exception of Certificates of Transfer or other certified court documents. We will review these documents before they are signed by the courts to ensure no amendment of the legal description will be needed.
Survey ProcessOur GIS/Tax Map Department is dedicated to ensuring that all surveys are processed accurately and efficiently. Here's what you need to know about our survey process:
- Required Information: To ensure that we can process your deed efficiently, we require that all deeds include a parcel number(s), legal description, and prior deed reference number. If your deed is missing a parcel number(s), we will not be able to review it until the parcel number(s) has been added which will require a re-submission, once the number has been added, and an additional 24-hour turnaround period for review. We will NOT accept a new survey without a deed presented along with it.
- Turnaround Time: Due to the high volume of surveys, splits, plats, replats, and condos that we receive, we now have a 6-8 week turnaround time. However, depending on the workload, there is a chance that the turnaround time could be shorter.
- Escrow Agreement Program: Due to the influx of surveys taking place or being required, to expedite the transfer we offer this program with certain stipulations.
• The County must be requiring the Survey by having stamped “Next Transfer Requires a Survey” on the last deed of transfer or the deed for transfer has more than 4 exceptions.
• At the time of transfer, you need to present these 3 things together:
1. Deed for transfer
2. An original signed, in wet ink, (no electronic signatures unless having already discussed with the Department) Escrow Agreement (See Escrow Agreement in “Forms” on this page)
3. Copy of the signed Quit Claim Deed. The original executed Quit Claim deed will accompany the new survey once it is completed.
- Surveys & Escrow Agreements can NOT be done through E-File.
Warren, OH 44481
Third floor of the Administration Building
Custom Map Request
Document Submission Form
Surveyors Digital Submission
Survey Escrow Agreement
Trumbull County Helpful LinksArchives
Board of Health
Soil & Water
Frequently Asked Questions
New addresses are assigned by your local zoning offices. If your Township/City/Village does NOT have local zoning, addresses may be assigned by your local fire department or Trustees. Our office is responsible for updating the 911 address system once all steps have been completed.
Trumbull County does not provide any surveying services. You can use our property search from the Auditor’s website or visit our office and we can make a map that will show an APPROXIMATION of where the property boundaries are. Or you can contact a land surveyor and they will locate the pins or property lines for you.
A deed that has a “Next Transfer Will Require Survey” stamp means that the current description of record does NOT meet the minimum requirements of the Trumbull County Conveyance Standards and upon “Next Transfer”, you will be required to hire a surveyor to survey your property & update your current legal description.
We cannot recommend any land surveyors. However, please see the attached contact information for local surveyors that conduct work on a regular basis in Trumbull County.
- Contact & hire a Land Surveyor
- Once the surveyor has completed his/her legal description & drawing, splits will need to be approved & stamped by the Local Zoning or Planning Commission. If the property is in a City/Village, your local City/Village will approve & stamp. If the property is in a Township, Trumbull County Planning Commission will need to approve & stamp.
- Once approved by Planning, the deed(s) will need to be brought to the GIS/TaxMap Department located on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building. Here you will need to drop off the deed with the Surveyor’s original legal description attached as Exhibit “A” (do NOT retype the Surveyor’s legal descriptions) along with the original Surveyor’s drawing(s). We have a 6-8 week turnaround time to review & complete the survey(s) at which time we will call for pickup once completed.
- 4. Upon pickup, you will then need to take the deed(s) to the 2nd floor Auditors Office for transfer & then to the 1st floor Recorders Office to be put on record. These two steps can happen in one day’s time.
Yes, but it must meet the following criteria:
- Must have the Original Legal Description & Original Drawing
- Must Close in under 0.02. If it does not close and the surveyor is still practicing, we can call & have corrections made. If the Surveyor is no longer practicing, we will not be able to accept the survey.
- Must meet current standard of conveyance
• No, we do not perform any pre-approval work, with the exception of Certificates of Transfer or other certified court documents. We will review these documents before they are signed by the courts to ensure no amendment of the legal description will be needed.